Resources to Help with Recovery from the Oroville Area Wall Fire in Butte County

Assistance for individuals and families who were evacuated and/or affected by the Wall Fire. Availability of these services may be changing frequently due to the nature of post disaster needs and resources. Please call first to be sure services are available. Butte 2-1-1 will update this list as information becomes available. Call 2-1-1 for more information on services that can help; or text your zip code to 898211.


updated 7-24-17

Butte County is hosting a meeting for residents affected by the Wall Fire.

Wall Fire Community MeetingProperty Clean Up

  • Fire Assistance Center in Oroville- Residents can come to the Fire Assistance Center to learn how to get their property assessed for proper cleanup and disposal of Hazardous Materials as well as to get help navigating the process of rebuilding. County staff will meet one-on-one with residents who lost their homes or structures to walk them through the steps for rebuilding. Staff will be on hand to answer questions and to help residents complete forms and applications. Location: 7 County Center Drive, Oroville, inside the Department of Developmental Services, Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 12noon to 3:00pm (Opens Monday, July 17th at noon)
  • Christian Aid Ministries/Disaster Response Services Rapid Response Team– Property clean up and hauling for people who have lost their homes; Call- connect, paperwork to sign, 330-763-1513.
  • ServPro– *must have a referral from Butte County insurance agent* for free property damage inspection and estimate for clean-up of damaged homes (smoke, soot, water, retardant, etc,); will help customers with guidance though the insurance claims process; 530-899-9141, 775 Entler Ave., Chico.

Insurance Claims Assistance

  • CA Department of Insurance, Consumer Education & Outreach Bureau-Provides information and assistance for people who want to file insurance claims for homes, property, vehicles, machinery, personal belongings, etc. Offers information, guidance, and protection with the insurance claims process. Offers consumer protection such as a home inventory guide, “Don’t Get Burned After Disaster”, and advice on how to get compliance with insurance agency problems. Call the CA Dept. of Insurance Consumer Hotline: 800-927-HELP, M-F: 8am-5pm. Visit

Documents Replacement

  • Federal documents replacement and help with federal agencies services- Office of US Senator Kamala Harris, Constituent Services; replacement of immigration documents, social security cards, help with USPS mail service; contact Daniel Chen, Director of Constituent Services for US Senator Kamala Harris, 415-355-9041,
  • DMV documents- ID, CDL, auto title, registration replacement- DMV- walk in to the local Oroville DMV;  775 Mitchell Ave. Oroville, Open M-F: 8am-5pm, or call 800-777-0133.
  • EBT, Medi-cal card replacement, emergency CalFresh benefits- Butte County Department of Employment and Social Services – 78 Table Mountain Blvd. Oroville – Recipients of CalFresh who have lost food in any way due to the Wall Fire may get benefits replaced- call 1-877-410-8803
  • Certified Copies of Vital Records- birth certificate, marriage license, etc- For replacement documents, contact Butte County Recorder- 155 Nelson Avenue Oroville, 530-538-7691; Voter Registration- Re-register to vote any time you move or change address; Primary election June 5, 2018- re-register by May 21, 2018; Go online to or call 530-538-7761.

Basic Needs- Food, Shelter, Clothing, Toiletries

  • Red Cross- clothing and food allowance; replacement of medications; help with replacement of durable medical goods like walkers, canes, eye glasses, etc. For people who already have a case open with Red Cross, follow up within 30 days by calling 209-644-2811; for people who were affected by the fire and want to register to open a new case, call 1-844-236-0153.
  • Shelter- Call 2-1-1 for emergency shelters and transitional housing options.
  • Free CampingLake Concow Campground is open to anyone who was evacuated or whose property is damaged by the Wall Fire; free camping for evacuees- *must bring document with property address to prove you were in the evacuation zone, or must bring information you received from the Local Assistance Center or the Fire Assistance Center in Oroville*; camping, cold showers, bathrooms, water; “plenty of land for you to walk your horses as well, but you must stay with them”. Call 530-518-4531 or 530-588-4783 for more information.
  • Veterans Butte County Veterans Services- can help locate housing for veterans affected by the Wall Fire, including referrals for immediate shelter; 530-891-2759
  • Calworks Homeless Financial Assistance Programtemporary motel and permanent housing homeless financial assistance is available; *must have dependent children* and other qualifications; disaster eligibility; Butte County Department of Employment and Social Services, 78 Table Mountain Blvd, Oroville, (877) 410-8803 Toll free – Customer Services/Eligibility.
  • Food: Call 2-1-1 for a list of food pantries, meal sites, and food distribution.
  • Hope Center – clothing, food boxes, toiletries as needed; 530-538-8393-Can call or walk in- go to the main office, 1950 Kitrick Avenue, Building A Oroville, Tues-Fri 9am-2:30pm.
  • Salvation Army Oroville– emergency food and homelessness bags with toiletries; (530) 534-9558; Call or drop in to fill out an application for assistance; 1640 Washington Avenue, Oroville; Tues, Wed, Thurs- 9am-11:45am.
  • Fathers House food, toiletries; Call during office hours for emergency food assistance- 530-534-4704; M-Th 9am-5pm, Fri 1pm-5pm; 2661 Elgin Street Oroville.
  • Oroville Rescue Mission food boxes; every Tuesday, 10am-11am, or until the food bags are gone (line can start forming as early as 9am); also overnight shelter for women/children and men; (530) 343-1935.
  • Greater Oroville Homeless Coalition- limited financial assistance on a case by case basis for emergency assistance; (530) 538-8399.
  • Butte Diaper Bank- diapers for infants, toddler, adults; *must register online*; apply online at or call 2-1-1 for help to register.
  • Thrift Stores low cost household goods, clothing, children’s toys, bedding, furnishings- call 2-1-1 for thrift stores near you.
  • Call 2-1-1 for other food, meals, and clothing programs.

Medical equipment, mobility aids, and supplies

  • Red Cross- replacement of medications; help with replacement of durable medical goods like walkers, canes, eye glasses, etc. For people who already have a case open with Red Cross, follow up within 30 days by calling 209-644-2811; for people who were affected by the fire and want to register to open a new case, call 1-844-236-0153.
  • Disability Action Center– information and referral for people with disabilities; help getting medical equipment, mobility aids, and assistive equipment; 1161 East Avenue, Chico, (530) 893-8527.
  • Oroville Hospital– refers people to medical supplies outlets- insurance may pay for loss or damaged medical equipment and for medical equipment replacement- fire victims need a report from the local police, sheriff, CalFire- 530-533-8500.

Children’s Toys and Books

  • Valley Oak Children’s Services – toy and book lending library, drop in to borrow toys and books, M-F 8:30-4pm, closed 12-12:30pm; also a giveaway of arts and crafts supplies one day each month (call for info); 3120 Cohasset Road , Suite 6, Chico; (530) 895-3572, or (800) 345-8627 Toll free
  • Oroville LibraryChildren’s books to borrow, story hour, children’s activities- cooling center during extreme heat; computers and wifi access; 1820 Mitchell Avenue, Oroville, (530) 538-7642.

Animals/Pet supplies and food

  • Call 2-1-1 for information


  • PGE Outage Line- 1-800-743-5002– to learn status of power outages and repair


  • Public TransportationB-Line bus routes, schedules, trip planning, and Paratransit- call 2-1-1.

Mental Health Counseling/Crisis

  • Butte County Mental Health Crisis Line– 1-800-334-6622
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 1-800-273-8255
  • Adult Protective Services 24 hour line- 1-800-664-9774
  • Child Protective Services 24 hour line- 1-800-400-0902
  • Northern Valley Talkline- telephone support for those needing non-crisis response to troubles, questions, and concerns. Provides live peer listeners and community resource referrals; 4:30-9:30pm, 7 days per week.
  • Butte County Behavioral Health- Adult, youth, family counseling and support is available for Medi-Cal recipients; contact Oroville Adult Services, 18 County Center Drive, Oroville, (530) 538-7705 or Oroville Community Counseling Center (youth), 88 Table Mountain Boulevard, Oroville, (530) 538-2158.
  •  Call 2-1-1 to find other crisis lines, warm lines, friendship and support lines or other counseling services and support groups

Unemployment / Employment Information

  • California Employment Development Department (EDD)- Unemployed individuals affected by the Wall Fire can receive information and assistance with application for unemployment, jobs listings, unemployment insurance, disability insurance, business losses and tax assistance; (530) 538-2228.
  • Alliance for Workforce Development– assistance with finding a job and job training; computer labs; resume writing assistance, job search assistance, typing tests, direct referrals to employers; 78 Table Mountain Boulevard, Oroville, (530) 538-7301.

Disaster Related Tax Relief

  • Property Tax Relief- Butte County Assessor- Property tax relief may be available to those taxpayers whose properties have been damaged or destroyed by the Wall Fire. This property tax relief is available to owners of real property, business equipment and fixtures, orchards and agricultural groves, boats, aircraft and certain mobile homes, but not property that is not assessed on the property tax rolls. To determine if you may qualify for calamity relief due to fire damage or any other type of calamity relief, contact the Butte County Assessor’s Officeat 530.538.7721 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or by email Calamity claims must be filed within one year of the date of the damage.
  • State Tax Relief- The California Franchise Tax Board- how to claim a state tax deduction following a disaster loss; set up tax payment installments; request a copy of personal or business tax returns; establish a power of attorney; file a change of address form. Call the Franchise Tax Board line at (800) 852-5711 Toll Free.


  • Donate online to the local chapter of the Red Cross.
  • Donate online to the North Valley Animal Disaster Group
  • Donate online to the to North Valley Community Foundation Wall Fire Emergency Response Fund
  • Butte County government is no longer collecting donations, but has created a Facebook Thread so those who are collecting donations, those who are in need, or those who want to give can connect. The County in no way recommends, vets, or sanctions any of the comments in this Facebook thread. This is simply a place for the conversation to happen.
Every effort has been made to supply complete and accurate information on this web site. The listings here and in the database are based on information supplied by agency representatives. Inclusion here does not imply endorsement nor does exclusion imply disapproval of services. Users of this site understand that information may change and there are no guarantees of service availability or eligibility.

For more information and updates on recovery from the Wall Fire, visit

and follow Butte County, CA on Twitter